A man of few words, Mark Hunt let his fists do the talking today inside of the legendary Saitama Super Arena.
The New Zealander caught his French adversary early with a precise left hand on the jaw that left the Team Wolfslair fighter wobbled. Hunt maintained his composure refusing to follow his opponent. When the two exchanged again Hunt got the better of Kongo stunning him with a monster right and finishing him with consecutive blows to the skull.
That’s 3 in a row for Hunt now after dropping 6 straight. Do we dare call a man who entered the UFC with a 5-6 record one of the top 20 Heavyweights in the world? My answer is yes.
Final Result: • Mark Hunt (8-7) defeats Cheick Kongo (17-7-2) via TKO (punches) (Round 1, 2:11)
photo via: combatlifestyle
- UFC 183: Silva-Diaz face off at media day - January 30, 2015
- Warrior Code: UFC 184’s Ronda Rousey - January 28, 2015
- UFC on FOX 14: Gustafsson vs. Johnson full fight highlights - January 25, 2015
- “Heavy Hitter” Dan Henderson talks H-Bomb ahead of UFC on FOX 14 - January 24, 2015
- Anderson Silva defends “personal friend” Jon Jones - January 24, 2015
- Who’s first for Bellator’s Kimbo Slice? - January 22, 2015
- Bellator 132 Highlight: Patricio Pitbull submits Daniel Straus to retain featherweight strap - January 18, 2015
- Jon Jones on cocaine incident: “Just really got caught with my pants down” - January 18, 2015
- UFC 183’s Miesha Tate wants stand up war with Sara McMann - January 18, 2015
- ‘UFC Fight Night Boston’ Post-Fight Press Conference Live - January 18, 2015