A man of few words, Mark Hunt let his fists do the talking today inside of the legendary Saitama Super Arena.
The New Zealander caught his French adversary early with a precise left hand on the jaw that left the Team Wolfslair fighter wobbled. Hunt maintained his composure refusing to follow his opponent. When the two exchanged again Hunt got the better of Kongo stunning him with a monster right and finishing him with consecutive blows to the skull.
That’s 3 in a row for Hunt now after dropping 6 straight. Do we dare call a man who entered the UFC with a 5-6 record one of the top 20 Heavyweights in the world? My answer is yes.
Final Result: • Mark Hunt (8-7) defeats Cheick Kongo (17-7-2) via TKO (punches) (Round 1, 2:11)
photo via: combatlifestyle
- TVP: Gonzaga Cro Cop’s Cro Cop in Manchester - March 23, 2015
- UFC 189 ‘Aldo vs. McGregor’ World Tour Press Conference Replay - March 20, 2015
- Poetic Violence: Ronda Rousey armbars Cat Zingano in super, super slo-mo - March 18, 2015
- UFC 185 Highlight: Ross Pearson KO’s Sam Stout with a savage left hook - March 16, 2015
- UFC 185 Highlights: Rafael dos Anjos demolishes Anthony Pettis to become UFC lightweight champion - March 16, 2015
- UFC 185 weigh-in highlights - March 13, 2015
- UFC 185 ‘Pettis vs. Dos Anjos’ pick em - March 13, 2015
- UFC 185 ‘Embedded’ Episodes 1-2 - March 11, 2015
- CM Punk leaning toward welterweight division, will meet with UFC officials in July - March 10, 2015
- Invicta FC 11 All Angles ‘Grasso vs. Inoue’ fight of the night highlights - March 9, 2015