Tonight’s UFC Fight Night co-main event in Boston saw heavyweight up and comer Travis Browne taking on a crafty veteran in Alistair Overeem who was looking to celebrate his 50th professional MMA bout in style. Unfortunately for “The Reem” that would not be not be the case. Instead he would find himself as the victim of one of the greatest heavyweight KO’s in UFC history for the second time this year.
Early on it looked like we were bearing witness to just another kickboxing clinic from the former multi-promotion Dutch fighting champion. Alistair Overeem put it on Travis Browne in the first round of the contest landing a smorgasbord of strikes on the proud Hawaiian. Browne ate everything Overeem threw at him. Punches, kicks, and knees with intentions of the unhealthy variety were coming from all angles via the former K-1 champion.
You can find all of the results from tonight’s fights in Boston right here.
- Leslie Smith vs. Jessamyn Duke added to UFC Fight Night 45 - June 11, 2014
- HOV: If it dies, it dies - May 21, 2014
- Ashlee Evans-Smith’s WSOF debut set for June 21st - May 7, 2014
- Bethe Correia to take on 2nd horsewoman, Shayna Baszler, at UFC 176 - May 5, 2014
- McGregor vs. Miller official as UFC Fight Night Dublin headliner - April 30, 2014
- 5 fights announced for UFC Fight Night Dublin - April 29, 2014
- What’s next for the 10 winners of UFC 172? - April 28, 2014
- What’s next for the biggest UFC winners of the past week? - April 22, 2014
- Tate earns hard fought UD over Carmouche in Orlando (Full Fight Highlights) - April 20, 2014
- Gina Carano to get the winner of Tate vs. Carmouche? - April 19, 2014